Site banner - forest and the matrix


Collection of quotes from books, email signatures, Usenet posts, conversations with people, etc. Some are funny, some are sarcastic, some have an insight into Life, others are computer jokes, and many will only make sense if taken in the right context - a wide variety of quotes. You be te judge.

You can solve 90% of your problems with a Google search; for the remaining 10% there is vodka.

A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects. - Robert A. Heinlein

To gain that worth having it might be necessary to give up everything else.

I thought it was going to be an adventure, but it was life! - Joseph Conrad.

Remember that you don't choose love. Love chooses you. - Kent Nurburn

Miej serce, i patrzaj w serce. - Adam Mickiewicz

I write code so that you don't have to.

All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost. - J.R.R. Tolkien

Happiness is like a butterfly.
The more you chase it, the more it will elude you.
But if you turn your attention to other things,
it comes and softly sits on your shoulder.

When women are depressed they either eat or go shopping. Men invade another country.

For in much wisdom is much grief, and he who increases knowledge increases sorrow.

Today I create, tomorrow I heal. - Karol Czarny

Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it. - Brian W. Kernighan

In vino veritas.

A little learning is a dangerous thing. - Alexander Pope

Beware of little expenses; a small leak will sink a great ship.

Everyone wants to be immortal, but they don't know what to do on a Friday night. - K.K.

Go often to the house of thy friend, for weeds choke the unused path.

Gdzie diabeł nie może to się kobietę wysyła.

The shortest path to oneself leads around the world. - Hermann Keyserling

Never let the future disturb you. You will meet it, if you have to, with the same weapons of reason which today arm you against the present. - Marcus Aurelius

You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed. - The Little Prince

Gdyby Bóg nie wymyślił orgazmu to byśmy się na śmierć zajebali.

Ulubionym zajęciem Polaków jest walka z przeważającymi siłami wroga.